XeliGen RT is Eurospital's molecular biology kit for the determination of the HLA predisposition to develop Celiac Disease.
It is a Real Time PCR test using human DNA from peripheral blood that identifies specific alleles for this condition.
XeliGen RT can be used as an additional tool in the diagnosis of Coeliac Disease:
- Excluding the disease in case of negative results
- Defining the category risk to develop Coeliac Disease
- Supporting complex diagnosis in case of discrepancy between serologic and biopsy data
- Confirming previous diagnosis
- Determine the HLA profile of the patients family members
- Finding a proper preventive approach
The great innovation of XeliGen RT compared to other systems being able to only identify alleles encoding DQ2 and DQ8 heterodimers, but not their quantity, is to exclude the risk of developing Coeliac Disease.
The analysis of the resuls is made even easier thanks to the proprietary software EasyNat.