Reference Detector for Small Fields
When measurement time and accuracy matter, T-REF is the answer.
With the new T-REF chamber, small field PDD and profile measurements can be performed much faster and more reliably.
As a thin, plane-parallel transmission chamber that shows a high nominal response and causes no measurable perturbation of the beam, the new T-REF chamber has been designed to avoid positioning
problems encountered when using a reference detector for small field dosimetry.
Mounted on the edge of the water tank rather than on a tray connected to the linac head, it ensures precise alignment of the reference detector at any fixed position above 20 cm detector
surface distance without perturbing the radiation field or shadowing the field detector.
- Thin-window transmission chamber with large collecting volume (10.5 cm³)
- Very low total area density of 206 mg/cm²
- No measurable perturbation of the beam
- Plug and measure – no repositioning required
- High and very stable signal
- No influence by vibrations
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- No contact to linac head – no accessory tray needed, no problems with temperature drifts
- Fast and easy to mount
- Covers entire range of use for small field sizes