Tesalys STERIPLUS™ 80 is an integrated system with preliminary shredding and steam sterilization of your biohazardous waste
The STERIPLUS systems from Tesalys are the ideal solution to inactivate your biohazardous waste safely on-site.
Its integrated shredding system TESASHRED not only reduces the volume and mass of waste, but also ensures waste is fully processed.
It is a sterilizer (autoclave) with an integrated shredder, which first shreds the waste before performing an autoclave cycle with steam at 135 °C/275 °F.
Once treated with STERIPLUS™, biohazardous waste is transformed into waste similar to municipal solid waste that can be destroyed like any other inert industrial waste or household waste.
To avoid the costs and risks associated with biohazardous waste storage and transport, particularly for health care providers that generate “small” volumes, we have developed the Tesalys STERIPLUS™ System range with the following objectives:
- Ease of use for waste generators
- Can be installed wherever required, as close as possible to the waste generation site
- Respects time limits for biohazardous waste generation and disposal
- Uses advanced, easy-to-validate technology
- Can manage small “on-the-spot” flow of waste
- Requires moderate investment/budget
Particular thought was given to “green” design concepts: apart from treating the air and effluents produced by the equipment, the system consumes very little electricity and water, thanks to heat-recovery mechanisms.
- Loading chamber capacity: 80 L
- Loading capacity (kg/cycle) based on an average waste density of 0,08 to 0,12kg/L for Healthcare Waste: 6,4 to 9,6 kg/cycle
- Loading capacity (kg/cycle) based on an average waste density of 0,12 to 0,2kg/L for Lab/Humid/Liquid Waste: 9,6 to 16 kg/cycle
- Treatment capacity (kg/h) based on an average waste density of 0,08 to 0,12kg/L for Healthcare Waste: 8 to 12 kg/h
- Treatment capacity (kg/h) based on an average waste density of 0,12 to 0,2kg/L for Lab/Humid/Liquid Waste: 12 to 20 kg/h
- Total cycle time (NF X30-503-1 standard): 30-35 minutes
- External dimensions (h x w x d): 1 800mm x 1 550mm x 1 200mm
- Net weight: 1 300kg