UNIGUT - Chromic Catgut Sutures
UNIGUT - Chromic catgut Suture is an absorbable sterile surgical gut suture composed of purified connective tissue (mostly collagen) derived from the sub mucosal fibrous layer of healthy sheep intestines. Chromic Catgut is processed to provide greater resistance to absorption.
Suture Catgut Chromic treated with chromic salts to delay the absorption.
Indications of Chromic Catgut Suture
- Suture Catgut Chromic is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in ophthalmic procedures, but not for use in ophthalmic procedures, but not for use in cardiovascular and neurological tissues.
Chomirc Catgut Suture Uses
- Suture Catgut is an ultimate Suture for Uterus Closure, Episiotomy Repair, Soft Tissues approximation & Fast healing of Tissues / Muscles.
Best Used By: General Surgeons, Gynaecologists & Orthopaedics
- Suture Characteristics: Absorbable Surgical Suture
- Material:Catgut Chromic
- Absorption:Absorption takes place due to enzymatic reaction in 90 to 120 days.
- Tensile Strength:Tensile strength is retained for 14 – 21 days.
- USP Range:5/0 – 3
- Sterilization:EO (Ethylene Oxide)
- Shelf Life:5 Years
- Packaging:In aluminium foil packages with or without needle
- Product Characteristics:Excellent tensile strength, Excellent knot tying, Minimum tissue reaction
- Needle Type:Round bodied, cutting edge, taper point, straight, blunt point