- Vilene® suture material is generally inert, having excellent tissue acceptance.
- Vilene® maintains tensile strength in situ compared with polypropylene.
- Very little elasticity and extremely supple, providing excellent handling and knotting properties
- Low frictional characteristics facilitating excellent knot-ying compared with polypropylene, and if
- handled correctly Vilene® will not fray or fracture.
- Low memory – when removed from pack, pull gently and the curves (memory) will straighten out.
- Suitable for use where a non-absorbable suture is required.
- Suitable for use in all procedures where polypropylene monofilaments are used.