URETERAL STENT AND KIT
- Intended use: Ureteral stents are used to ensure the patency of a ureter, which may be compromised by a kidney stone, tumors, blood clots, postsurgical swelling. Or when an enlarged prostate pushes against the urethra, blocking the flow of urine, the placement of a stent can open the obstruction. Or following an operation on the ureters, it take time for the ureters to heal and a temporary measure to prevent obstruction becomes essential. Or there are damages to nerves controlling the bladder. The Ureteral stent help urine drain from the kidney to the bladder or to an external collection system.
- The ureteral stent is made from medical grade polyurethane material. It is a thin, flexible tube, durable and non-reactive
- Tapered tip and smooth surface ease the insertion and effective negotiation around obstructions
- Excellent radiopacity for improved visualization
- The stent softens up at body temperature promoting enhanced comfort and minimal friction
- Smoothly formed lateral eyes at both ends and larger inner lumen to facilitate drainage and patency
- Bladder markings to confirm placement
Coiled ends (Pig-tails)
- Coiled ends with single / double pig-tails, can prevent it from moving out of place
- The top of coils in the kidney and the lower end coils inside the bladder to prevent its displacement.
- The stent is flexible enough to withstand various body movements
- Coiled ends with smoothly formed lateral eyes, ease the urine to be drained out