UNIGLYDE - Braided and Coated Polyglycolic Acid Suture
UNIGLYDE – Braided & Coated Polyglycolic Acid Suture is an absorbable, sterile, synthetic surgical suture, composed of homopolymers of Glycolide (100%). UNIGLYDE is also available undyed.
Braided & Coated Polyglycolic Acid Suture meets all the requrments as per United States Pharmacopeia for Absorbable Surgical Suture (Synthetic)
Indications of Polyglycolic Acid Suture
- Polyglycolic Acid (PGA Suture) suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in ophthalmic procedures, but not for use in cardiovascular or neurological tissues.
- Smooth Surface provides no tissue trauma
- Secure Knot holding capacity
- Best suture for critical wound support
- Provides Best tissue support even after smaller diameter
- Hydrolytic absorption ensures no tissue reaction
- Characteristics:Synthetic Absorbable Surgical Suture
- Material:100% Polyglycolic Acid synthetic absorbable braided surgical suture
- Coating:Polycaprolactone & calcium stearate
- Support:28 to 30 days
- Absorption:Absorption takes place through hydrolysis completely in 70 – 90 days.
- Strength:75% tensile strength is retained for 14 days and 50% till 21 days.
- USP Range:6/0 – 2
- Sterilization:EO (Ethylene Oxide )
- Shelf Life:5 Years
- Product Characteristics:Excellent tensile strength, Excellent knot tying,
- Minimum tissue reaction
- Packaging:In aluminium foil packages with or without needle
- Needle Type : Round bodied, cutting edge, taper point, straight, blunt point