The information section is on top of the screen, displays current conditions of monitor and patient. The information in turn from left to right on the top is “patient information”, “technical alarm information”, “physiological alarm information”, “date and time” , “network state” and “battery state”.
1) Patient information:
Bed number (refers to the hospital bed number of patient monitored);
Type of patient (“Adult”, “Pediatric” or “Neonate”);
Name of patient (if operator doesn’t input patient’s name, this position will displays “NO NAME”);
2) Technical alarm information: Reporting current condition of monitor or sensors, this section will display alarm information;
3) Physiological alarm information: If patient's physiological parameters exceed the alarm limit, this section will display alarm information;
4) Date and time: Updating current date and time every second;
5) Network connection state;
6) Battery state: current battery capacity or its condition.
Heart rate: heart rate (unit: beats per minute bpm)
NIBP: From right to left is: systolic pressure, diastolic pressure, mean pressure (unit: millimeter mercury column- mmHg or kilopascal- kPa)
SpO₂: oxygen saturation SpO₂ (unit: %), Pulse rate (unit: pulses /minute)
Respiration rate: respiration rate (unit: Breaths/Minute BrPM)
Temperature: body temperature (unit: centigrade -℃ or Fahrenheit- ℉)
The user may change the settings of above monitored parameters which will be introduced in later chapters in detail.
The waveform section displays 7 waveforms in standard screen layout, which from top to bottom respectively are: ECG1 waveform, ECG2 waveform, pulse wave, respiration waveform,. Total 8 waveforms can be displayed if in “ECG Full Lead” screen layout.
The name appears in upper left side of each waveform. The ECG waveform gain and filter mode will be also displayed besides the ECG wave name. On the right side of the ECG waveform stands a mark with the unit of 1 mV. The gain of breathing waveform is displayed on the right side of the name of breathing wave..
When user push the keys of patient monitor, a window may pop-up in the waveform section. The waveform section will restore demo after the window is retreated.
On the bottom of the screen there are 5 menu item: “Patient”, “Review”, “Setting”, “Alarm Limit” and “Service”. When no window displays on the screen, the user may visit these menus by rotating the knobs. When the cursor chooses anyone of the items, sublevel menus will popup. When the user presses down the knob once again, the corresponding dialog will pop-up and the user can change the settings in the dialog.
When the alarm occurs, the warning light will glitter or bright, the color represents certain level of the alarm. The detailed contents please refer to chapter2 “Alarm”.
The control panel is on the front panel. The total keys from left to right are listed below:
1) Power key: key to turning on and turning off of the power;
2) Silence key: With this key pressed down, sound of the alarm will shut down, also the “ALARM SILENCE” will be displayed in the information section, and other sounds (key sound, palpitation sound and so on) will not be affected. Pressing down the key again will restore all the alarms.
3) Pause key: With this key pressed down, the alarm may hang up for 2 minutes (“1 minute”, “2 minutes” and “3 minutes” are optional), and the “ALARM PAUSE” will be displayed in the information section. All the alarm will be restored after this key is pressed again.
4) Freeze key: In the normal mode, all the waveforms on the screen will be frozen with this key pressed down. Pressing down this key once again will release the frozen waveforms;
5) NIBP key: Pressing down this key will start to charge the cuff with gas, and to measure the blood pressure. Pressing down the key once again can cancel the measurement;
6) Record/Stop key: If the monitor has a recorder, pressing down this key will start recording the real-time waveforms. Pressing the key again may stop recording;
7) Main menu key: press this key to returning to the main menu;
8) Knob key: With this key, the user may enter the menus and windows and change the monitor settings.