UNISYNTH PDS - Monofilament Polydioxanone Suture
UNISYNTH PDS Suture is prepared from the polyester, poly (p-dioxanone).
Indications for Polydioxanone (UNISYNTH PDS):
Two important characteristics describe the in vivo performance of absorbable sutures first tensile strength retention and second the absorption rate (loss of mass).
UNISYNTH PDS synthetic absorbable suture has been formulated to minimize the variability of these characteristics and to provide wound support through an extended healing period.
- Where Delayed Wound Support required.
- Surface as smooth as tissues; provides no tissue drag during suturing.
PDS Sutures is Ultimate For:
- Geriatric Surgeries
- Surgeries on Obese Patient
- Surgeries on Diabetic Patient
- Oncology Patient
- Surgeries on patient have delayed healing strength
Polydioxanone Suture Best Used by
- Joint muscles approximation
- Hard tissue approximation
- Gluteus Maximus approximation
- UNISYNTH PDS – Only hope of wound support during muscle movement
- Characteristics:Synthetic Absorbable Surgical Suture
- Material:Polyester, poly-p-dioxanone
- Support:35 to 45 days
- Absorption:Absorption takes place through hydrolysis completely in 180 – 210 days.
- Tensile Strength:50% tensile strength is retained for 30 days
- USP Range:6/0 – 2
- Sterilization:EO (Ethylene Oxide )
- Shelf Life:3 Years
- Product Characteristics:Excellent tensile strength, Excellent knot tying,
- Minimum tissue reaction
- Packaging:In aluminium foil packages with or without needle
- Needle Type:Round bodied, cutting edge, taper point, straight, blunt point