Synthetic Diamond Detector for High-Precision Dosimetry
Stable as a diamond, sensitive as a diode
A matter of technology: As a synthetic diamond detector, which is reproducibly manufactured in a new, innovative production process, microDiamond combines the advantages
of natural diamond detectors and silicon diode detectors almost perfectly.
How it works
A Schottky diode develops below the top contact. The incident radiation generates positive and negative charge carriers. These are separated by the field of the diode, thereby producing a signal current that can be measured with an electrometer. No external bias voltage is required; the microDiamond detector can (and should) be operated at 0 V.
- First commercially available synthetic single crystal diamond detector worldwide for radiation dosimetry applications
- Very small sensitive volume (0.004 mm³) perfect choice for small field dosimetry for photon, electron, proton and carbon ion beams
- Suitable for all field sizes up to 40 cm x 40 cm
- Excellent radiation hardness, very low temperature, energy and directional dependence compared to commonly used silicon diode detectors
- Near-tissue equivalence
- No high voltage required. Suitable for all connecting systems.