IsoTis Mozaik™ Strip
Our IsoTis Mozaik™ strip is a compression-resistant, osteoconductive scaffold composed of purified collagen and β-TCP. The matrix readily hydrates with bone marrow aspirate.
- Clinical Evidence - Equivalent fusion performance to autograft has been demonstrated in a retrospective study on posterolateral lumbar fusion. The study found 100% fusion in all one- and two-level procedures, with an overall fusion rate of 90%.1
- Advanced Engineering - With a blend of 20% type 1 bovine collagen and 80% highly purified β-TCP, the matrix was developed to resemble the composition and pore structure of natural human bone. The resorption rate is consistent with the formation of new bone.
- Carrier for Cells and Proteins - An interconnected pore structure absorbs bone marrow aspirate, which contains cells and proteins that play an important role in bone formation.
- Compression Resistance - A matrix with compression resistance has an increased ability to retain bone marrow aspirate within the matrix.
- Radiographic Visualization - The β-TCP component provides radiographic visualization of graft placement.
- Terminal Sterilization - As the last step in manufacturing, the scaffold is terminally sterilized.