Norma Icon-5 OP
Icon-5 OP: a smart, 5-part diff solution with open vial sampling
The Icon-5 OP is Norma's newest addition to its hematology product portfolio; a smart, laser-based 5-part differential hematology analyzer with open vial sampling option that inherited its predecessors elegant and award winning design. The Icon-5 OP provides a 26-parameter complete blood cell count report that includes a 5-part diff WBC scattergram, as well as RBC and PLT histograms, using the following measurement technologies: laser based forward-scattered light method for the differentiation of white blood cells (WBC), volumetric impedance method for detection of red blood cells (RBC) and photometrical method for the measurement of hemoglobin (HGB) levels.
The Icon-5 OP was primarily developed to be used in Point-of-Care (PoC) environments, such as in Intensive Care Units, Emergency Departments, GP Offices, Blood Banks or even in Mobile Care Units, because it has not only a compact size, low reagent consumption and small sampling volume processing, but it also doesn't require any weekly maintenance action from the user. The analyzer's open vial sampling also allows the user to get results from capillary samples as well, which makes it possibly a good fit to any pediatric clinic or department.
Highlights and Best Features
- 5-part differential hematology analyzer that provides a 26-parameter complete blood cell count report
- Open vial sampling
- Possibility to measure from capillary samples - special capillary tube is required
- Laser based forward-scattered light method for the differentiation of white blood cells (WBC), volumetric impedance method for detection of red blood cells (RBC) and photometrical method for the measurement of hemoglobin (HGB) levels
- Compact size - the smallest hematology analyzer ever manufactured
- Extremely low reagent consumption - 75% less compared to other analyzers on the market
- Reagent packs are available for 100 and 250 tests
- Smallest sample volume processing - 2 x 1.4µL processed whole blood
- 10.1” LCD touch screen – easy to use, straightforward navigation
- Minimal user maintenance actions needed
- Remote Access – a convenient online diagnostic tooL
You can find more details and specifications on Icon-5 OP's product page.