Compact™ extendable anaesthetic breathing systems from Intersurgical
The Compact extendable anaesthetic breathing system from Intersurgical has been designed for economy. Supplied in compressed form to increase the number of systems per box, Compact offers more cost-effective storage and disposal. This means that there can be significant space savings compared with other breathing systems. Compact systems are manufactured from a unique adjustable tube offering numerous benefits, and are available in both adult and paediatric systems.
Features and benefits include:
- Optimum compression - the unique tube design results in a system which can be compressed to almost one-fifth of its extended length.
- Lower resistance to flow - the Compact tube is designed with a shallow profile resulting in more laminar gas flow and lower resistance to flow.
- Lightweight system - the Compact system is lighter than other extendable systems ensuring that the ‘pull’ on the patient’s airway device is kept to a minimum.
- Compliance - when extended is 4.4ml/kpa per metre of tube, which is less than that required in the ISO 5367:2000 standard.
- Adjustable length - the Compact system is packed and supplied in the shortest length. This can be simply extended to the length required for clinical use (with the advantage of reduced compressible volume), and compressed for easy disposal. The unique tube has been designed so that it will expand to between four to five times it’s packed length, providing the most adjustable system available.
- Easy positioning - the nature of the Compact system tube allows for it to be set in any position required. This results in multiple positioning possibilities - ideal for head and neck surgery where the system can be positioned away from the patient - and does not require any additional patient connections.