UNIGUT - Plain Catgut Suture
Plain catgut Suture is a fast-absorbing surgical gut suture made from a strand of collagenous material prepared from the submucosal layers of the small intestine of healthy sheep. Plain catgut is fast-absorbing surgical gut sutures are sterile and elicit only a slight to minimal tissue reaction during absorption.
We have In-house needle manufacturing that provides you the better catgut needles with optimum sharpness which finally delivers smooth riding on tissues during suturing.
Indications of Plain Catgut Suture
Plain Catgut Suture is fast absorbing and intended for dermal (skin) suturing only. They should be utilized only for external knot tying procedures.
Ultimate Suture for:
- Uterus Closure,
- Episiotomy Repair,
- Soft Tissues approximation
- Fast healing of Tissues/ Muscles
Best Used By:General Surgeons, Gynaecologists & Orthopaedics
- Suture Characteristics:Absorbable Surgical Suture
- Material:Catgut Plain
- Absorption:Plain Catgut Suture Absorption takes place due to enzymatic reaction in 60 to 70 days.
- Strength:Tensile strength is retained for 7 – 10 days.
- USP Range:4/0 – 3
- Sterilization:EO (Ethylene Oxide)
- Shelf Life:5 years
- Product Characteristics:Excellent tensile strength, Excellent knot tying,
- Minimum tissue reaction.
- PackagingIn aluminum foil packages with or without needle
- Needle Type:Round bodied, cutting edge, taper point, straight,blunt point