BlueDot kits are composed of 24 nitrocellulose strips on which the antigens have been coated in a dot-shaped format. One strip allows the testing of one patient for many different autoantibodies in the same run. The test is based on a classical Enzyme ImmunoAssays (EIA).
In addition to the antigens, each strip possesses two built-in reactive controls :
- The first one, the Reaction Control (RC), controls the validity of the test : its coloration proves that the clinician has added the patient serum and that the test has functioned correctly.
- The second one, the Cut-Off Control (CO), allows the interpretation of the test : any color intensity equal to or below that of the cut-off is considered negative, any color intensity superior to that of the cut-off is considered positive.
The results can be interpretated by sight or a semi-quantification can be obtained thanks to the Dr DOT software.
Key characteristics :
- Indication : Suitable for small to high throughput laboratories or hospitals
- Support of reaction : nitrocellulose (strip)
- Volume of sample needed : 10 µl
- Number of autoantibodies detected : up to 12
- Test duration : 1h30
- Testing : Manual or Open systems
- Reading : Visual or Dr DOT software
- Results : Qualitative or semi-quantitative
- Controls : Positive and negative built-in controls