Bimeo is a sensor based system for rehabilitation of post-stroke and other neurological patients. It is designed to make therapy effective and motivating for patients and facilitating for therapists. Therapy with Bimeo goes one step beyond state-of-the-art methods in rehabilitation medicine. It merges virtual reality gaming with proven rehabilitation methods. The patient is encouraged to use the more affected arm, supported by the movement of the less affected arm. The support is supervised and optimized through automatic therapy task adaptation. Therapy is augmented with activity-of-daily-living type exercises and cognitive tasks, while specific tasks are designed for objective motor function assessment. Physicians can easily track progress of the patient and adjust therapy difficulty according to the patient’s needs. Therapy is more effective and the rehabilitation process shorter. Bimeo offers wide variety of therapy modes using different therapy attachments and a simple user interface. Therapy possibilities include:
- Unimanual therapy on support surface
- Bimanual therapy on support surface
- Unimanual therapy in free space
- Bimanual therapy in free space
- Wrist therapy on support sphere
- Isolated therapy of arm joints: shoulder (flexion/extension, abduction/adduction, internal rotation), elbow (flexion/extension), wrist (flexion/extension, pronation/supination, ulnar/radial deviation).