ABCA2 AUTOMATED BREATH 13CO2 ANALYSER
The ABCA2 is the high performance, high sample throughput Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer for breath analysis. The outstanding performance and versatility, combined with user friendly software, make the ABCA2 the only choice for 13C breath tests. Superior performance, high sample throughput and unlimited sample capacity ensure that this is the ultimate instrument for Helicobacter pylori detection.
THE KEY FEATURES OF THE ABCA2 INCLUDE:
- Providing 0.1‰ precision for breath samples from 0.1% to 10% CO2
- The accepted gold standard for breath testing since 1996.
- CE/IVD Certified in conjunction with ISO13485 for medical devices.
- First dedicated H Pylori instrument to be FDA approved.
- Only instrument with built in reference checks.
- The most precise breath test instrument available.
- High automated throughput of 240 samples, with reloading for up to 336 samples.
- Compatible with LIMS systems.
- Multiple breath applications available (liver function, bacteria overgrowth, pancreatic function, lactose intolerance, gastric emptying, fat malabsorption and lipid metabolism).
- Run times of either 90 seconds or 3 mins per sample - dependent upon application.
- Optional bar code reader for error free sample loading, secure patient identification and GLP compliance.
- Sercon XYZ sampler with five 48 place racks for 12ml vials meaning a total of 240 vials can be loaded at a time. With the bar code reader installed, sample positions can be reloaded providing a high number of consecutive analyses.
- A breath container may be analysed up to 5 times i.e. a stored sample may be re-analysed if further measurement is requested.
- Internal Reference Gas Injection for ease of calibration and laboratory quality control tests e.g. instrument linearity checks. Mimics a real sample by travelling through the complete sample ﬂow path.
- High quality regulators for gas control, digital ﬂow sensor, normally closed valves configured to save gas and preserve consumables in the event of a power failure.
- Total software control of the instrument system and data processing. Allows storage of sample analysis protocols and mass spectrometer tuning conditions to comply with good laboratory practice.
- Standby mode to preserve consumable life during periods of low use.
- Inter-file import/export facility from instrument PC to laboratory server or internet (allows rapid updating of software or transfer to common spreadsheet packages).
- 12ml sample size using either Vacutainers or Exetainers provided with test kits.